Note: This project is due no later than 12/Noon today, CENTRAL STANDARD TIME, UNITED STATES for $60.00 USD.
Final Essay/Research Project
Your final essay will be a research project that will discuss a literary movement, an author who wrote during that movement and a work by that author (a novel, short story, play, or set of poems-at least two).
The structure of the essay should be written as follows:
• A definition/discussion of the movement
• A biographical sketch for your author of choice (including other works written).
• A full discussion of the work(s), including conversations on various literary elements like plot, theme, tone, etc.
You can choose from the following eras in literature:
• 18th Century American Literature (includes abolitionist literature and slave narratives).
• The Harlem Renaissance (includes artists like Claude McKay, Langston Hughes, and Zora Neale Hurston).
• Post World War II and Civil Rights Era literature (includes essays from Martin Luther King, works by James Baldwin and Richard Wright, Gwendolyn Brooks).
• The Black Aesthetic Movement (includes Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou, Sonia Sanchez, Amiri Baraka, Ishmael Reed, etc.)
The essay must be at least three pages. It must be thoroughly researched and resources must be properly cited using MLA citation guidelines. You must cite at least five sources (three of them need to be scholarly journals, books, etc.), create a “Works Cited” page, and use in-text citations.