I need to insert values in a Sql Server database using dataset and sql data adapter.
There is data already present in the database, so these are the steps i need
[url removed, login to view] the data is read into the dataset.
2. The new data which is local is added to the set, and if any Primary Key voilation occurs, that row is simply ignored while adding to the dataset.
3. The new rows are now loaded back to the database.
Why i am doing step 1 instead of a Exists Procedure in SQL is that i am dealing with a vast number of records and its too expensive to ccheck each record for IF Exists during insert.
So i need all the data to be inserted locally, and only the new rows to be uploaded back to the server.
I have attached the script for database. You can create this funtion for just the "Programs" table in the database, i will do the rest.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
SQL Server 2000
[url removed, login to view] 2003
.NET Framework 1.1