Buyer is a distributor of the products from [[url removed, login to view]]. The goal of the project is to be able to present the complete range of products as an integrated part of the buyer’s web site.
This must be template based for easy web page design updates. As products are updated by the manufacturer constantly, this needs to be done in a (semi-) automatic way. This can be either a local script that generates and uploads static pages ??" or by dynamically generating the pages on the fly using PHP on the web host.
The product database is in Access format and is on-line through http (so read-only). This database is being updated frequently.
Product pictures etc. are located in different directories on the website. The animated gifs should not be used. The project solution needs to be prepared for either a manual picture override (as one picture at a time may be converted/replaced by our own product pictures). Or a later addition of a semi-automated “picture-enhancing?? processing mechanism.
The web pages generated needs to include:
1) One page per product (based on a template). Needs to match the layout/design of the Buyers website. Coder provides this, for further modification by the Buyer. Needs to look good, but this is a software project ??" not a graphic design project.
2) Overview pages with thumbnail pictures much like the print flyer (will be provided) for a number of product categories. Buyer need to be able to define what product goes in what category through a local text file, database or similar. Support for “sort by?? functions for each of the columns provided.
Language: English (US).
Product prices are not shown.
Search engine optimization: Meta tag generation is required. Search-engine friendly URL’s are required.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete and well documented source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables - Deliverables must be demonstrated by the Seller on a web-host of Sellers choice and responsibility.
Complete install notes are required, to enable the Buyer to easily move the solution to a different web host. Prompt install assistance is required, if the install notes prove to be incomplete.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package or instruction on how to install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Code quality needs to be good and sound. This will be reviewed.
FreeBSD/Apache/PHP/MySQL/MS Frontpage for the dynamic page generation solution.
If the static off-line page generation script solution is used, the platform would preferably be WinXP with FTP as upload mechanism.
Shell access to the web-host can not be granted to the coder.
Buyer’s web site is hosted at Pair ([[url removed, login to view]]). This is a FreeBSD host with access to PHP and MySQL databases. FTP access and telnet/SSH access for scripting and cron jobs is also available. Read more here: <[url removed, login to view]>