We are currently seeking a social media manager for a news media site focusing on political, economic, and social news in the ASEAN countries (southeast Asia). Candidates for the position should have:
- Fluent command of written English (ability to write Facebook and Twitter posts without grammatical or spelling errors)
- Familiarity with, and understanding of, events and issues in the region
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter; ability to generate a steady stream of content, manage correspondence, respond to comments, and engage with influencers
- 10-15 hours a week to commit across social media platforms
While we do not have a geographical location requirement, candidates based in the ASEAN region will be best suited to carry out the work required by this position.
The following attributes are strongly preferred, though not required:
- Familiarity with social media management platforms tools and: Hootsuite, IFTTT, Buffer, etc.