HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
•Twelve years of Network Engineering experience, with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn and integrate new technology in the telecommunications industry.
•Proven expertise in various network technologies, detailed below.
•Certified in both Novell Netware and Microsoft Windows networks.
•Proven success in implementing management, operations, technical and interpersonal skills to increase productivity, reliability and teamwork to benefit the company.
•Team Lead for security, repair, installation, migration, and maintenance of large-scale Windows and Novell network of over 7000 end users.
Networking: Wireless Networking, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Optical Networking, Switching/Bridging (VLAN, Spanning Tree), VPNs, LAN/WAN/MAN, TCP/IP Protocol, IP Addressing and Subnetting, IP Access Lists, Routing Protocols, Token Ring, ATM, Frame Relay, HP OpenView NNM, Cisco Works for Switched Internetworks, Resource Manager Essentials, Cisco Security Management Center (PIX, IDS), Microsoft Visio, WebNM
Hardware: Cisco 2600/3600/4000/7200/7500 series routers, Cisco Catalyst 1900/2900/5000/5500 series switch, Cisco 3550 Multilayer Switch, Cisco PIX Firewall, Cisco IDS 515E, CAD/CAM Systems, Netopia Routers, IBM Workstations and Servers, Printers
Software/OS: Microsoft Windows (all versions), Novell 3.1-5.1, UNIX, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, AutoCAD, MAPICS, Rhumba Reflections, ISA Server
Programming: Visual Basic, Basic, COBOL, FORTRAN, SQL, Oracle and DBASE
Certifications: MCSE, CNA, CNE
• California State University, Fullerton College of Higher Education, Anaheim, CA
Novell Certified Network Administration and Engineering – Graduated top 10%.
The US Government Department Of Defense, Powell Manufacturing, Qualtek Manufacturing, RSA Corporation,· Installed and maintained entire network, to include workstations and servers, for major Southern California and Colorado companies, including: Net Solutions, Planet Network, Analysts International, Accucode, Capitol Records, Unihealth Insurance, Fuji Bank, UNOCOL 76, Price Company, Mellon Financial, Mallinckrodt Medical, Shiley Medical, AJS Accounting Service, Online Connecting Point, Sandpiper Computer, Nadek, ARC and Manpower Technical.
· Performed nationwide wireless network upgrade for The Sports Authority and Gart Sports on multi-tier network with over 1000 users.
· Migrated St. Joseph’s Hospital from Novell to Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000 on multi-site network with over 2000 users.
· Migrated Anaheim Memorial Hospital from Windows 98, NT Server, and Exchange 5.5 to Windows XP, 2000 Server, and Exchange 2000 on multi-site network with over 4000 users.
· Designed and documented data and voice networks from the ground up. Trained customers and managers on system capabilities and usage.
· Performed Systems Administration on Windows Servers and Clients for Local Area Network.
· Configured and tested all necessary network platforms under extreme time constraints resulting in successful customer acceptance of required test bed network.
· Established network security measures in order to support defense agency accreditation. Recommended and implemented network wide security management solution, including Firewall policies and configuration, router access-lists, and agent based network monitoring.