We want you to build a URL Shortener. This should be similar to Bitly ([login to view URL]).
Please use either language you wish, the framework does not matter. You should take a URL as user input, send this to the backend and store it in a database. You should then print out the shortened URL to the screen so the user can copy it.
If the user inputs the URL in the browser they should be redirected to the original link. E.g. if the user enters localhost:8000/abc123 a query should be made to the database for abc123 and the user should be redirected to the original link.
Steps we want you to take:
● Create a web page that can use any design you wish. The only requirement is that this page has a
input dialogue box that will take the URL. A submit button and an area to display the shortened URL.
● When clicking the submit button a web request using REST should be sent to your server.
● The server should store an id (your primary key), the original URL (e.g. [login to view URL]) and your
slug that you randomly generated (abc123).
● This slug should then be sent to the front end so it can be displayed to the user.
● If the user was to copy and paste this into there browser's URL input you should search for this slug in
the database and redirect the user to the corresponding original URL No user authentication or user accounts need to be implemented.
Please send your solution along with a readme file back in a .zip file with the title being <YourName>.zip e.g. If your name is Chris Brown you should send all your code and read me as a file called [login to view URL] Alternatively, please send us a link to a file hosting platform e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox
25 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $15/timen for dette job
Hi, With 5+ years of rich experience in react.js and angular.js development, I am a senior expert. I can complete your project perfect. Please contact me. Best Regards.