Online reporting System.
SQL SERVER (already in use)
Entity Framework generated from database
The above chosen technologies is so that I can maintain the website with my limited knowledge. If an alternative 3rd party software might be a better solution to our requirements (Example: Tableau), we will consider to do so (Please include 3rd part costing). The idea is that our clients should have access to their reports online (they should be able to choose the time frame for the report).
There is a form based system that captures scrap produced by cable manufacturing companies. I am not 100% sure what reports will add the most value to our clients, the reports needs to answer the questions of
1. How to reduce the scrap manufactured?
2. What actions are necessary to reduse scrap manufactured? (Example a specific operator or machine is giving continuous large amounts of scrap)
3. How does the scrap compare after action has been taken (maybe basic trends over time)?
4. Object specific scrap reporting for specific product, machine or operator (also compare specific objects).
5. What additional reports may add value to the client?
Scrap is currently logged for a product, against machine and a machine operator. Each record has a datetime stamp and a reference to a predetermined working shift.
Each scrap register has a machine, and each machine has a reference to a project site which is referenced to a specific company (Requirement: Reporting and analysis)
There are multiple companies that use the same tables in the database. Each company has multiple project sites/factories and each table in the database references one of these sites to identify the company. (Requirement: sign in functionality form our database)
We currently have a VPN where the website and SQL SERVER Database is hosted.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.