Comes work for an exciting Travel Start-Up specializing in helping guests get the perfect room that they've already booked.
We run an outbound @home based call-center alerting hotels to the preferences of a guest that is already arriving.
You don't have to sell anything, simply process guest requests with the front desk.
Join our growing team which is expanding into international operations
- Available for Work between the hours of 5am to 9pm Pacific Time (REQUIRED)
- We operate 7 days a week, and are flexible on scheduling. Most important days are Thursday - Saturday 6:00am - 1:00pm Pacific Time, not necessarily the entire 7 hours. Looking for someone who can work 20-29 hours/week.
- Excellent english both spoken and written. (REQUIRED)
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and making 15-18 calls / hour to hotels. (REQUIRED)
- Fluent in other European Languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish etc). (A huge plus but not Required).
- Dedicated quiet work space that is located within your own residence. (REQUIRED)
- Dedicated access to a computer with high speed internet connection capable of VOIP communication (Skype). (REQUIRED)
- Computer and Internet Savvy, and a working knowledge of Skype, and Google Docs, and Google Hangeouts. (REQUIRED)
- A background experience in hospitality, especially in Hotels or any other avenue of travel. Any other customer service experience also welcomed
- A headset that can connect to your computer for communicating over Skype. We provide a pre-paid skype account for making calls.
We are a start-up, so flexibility and problem solving skills are a big plus. If you're interested and or have any questions please let us know.
This job pays $5/hour to the agent.
15 freelancers are bidding on average $7/hour for this job
Is there any standard script that you are going provided. And do you mean Asia Pacific time? How many head count do you need. I am considering if we can ran a call center in China.
I have the time, space connectivity as well as the skills to handle a job of this kind. More importantly I have experience in handling guests/potential customers.