Profile of Rebecca Emerson
Freelance Administrative/Accounting Consultant
With over ten years experience in administrative and accounting, I can offer you a wealth of experience in all aspects of daily office procedures. I deliver quality work on time and on budget, ensuring that your projects remain on schedule. I am a motivated self-starter who can also work comfortably with a team.
Skills and Expertise
* MS Word * Accounts Payable
* MS Excel * Accounts Receivable
* MS Outlook * General Ledger
* MS Publisher * Bank Reconciliation
* MS Power Point
Experience and Qualifications
After taking administrative based classes in high school, then accounting classes at the local community college, I commenced doing administrative and accounting work. I found that accounting came naturally to me so I pursued jobs that involved accounting. I have run an embroidery plant in Virginia being responsible for Profit & Loss, all daily running of the plant and office, receiving, billing and quality control. I worked as an accounting manager (which replaced the company’s controller) for a Buy Here Pay Here Used Car Lot and most recently all aspects of administrative and accounting for an International Sign Company with a Graphics Division. Responsibilities included processing order entries, shipping of product, answering phones, typing correspondence, accounts payable, accounts receivable, employee health insurance, California State sales tax, Canadian GST tax, spreadsheets for tracking jobs & job costs, ordering office supplies, coordination of all company wide meetings, marketing and some collections.
I recently moved to the country to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and as a result I have decided to branch out into freelance administrative and accounting. I look forward to using the skills I have learned through schooling and work experience to help you improve your business.
Tasks and Responsibilities Handled
* Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting debits and credits, reconciling accounts, typing correspondence, answering phones and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
* Proficiency in managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, generating invoices and monthly statements for clients, collection calls.
* Proven ability to identify and implement improvements to streamline processes and increase efficiency and productivity.
* Excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Publisher, Peachtree Accounting and QuickBooks and able to learn proprietary systems/applications quickly and easily.
* Notary Public–State of Florida, Commission # DD 429117, expires June 11, 2009