Summary of Qualifications:
• Strong background in providing professional and courteous phone assistance and providing expert customer service.
• Genuine desire to help people find the resources they need.
• True team player who enjoys working with others to find solutions.
• Organized, efficient and creative – able to find new solutions to old problems.
• Excellent Microsoft knowledge.
Hospital, Administrative Assistant II
• Administratively support three doctors and the Bone Marrow Transplant team.
• Assist with phone calls to main Hematology/Oncology line, assisting parents and other doctor’s offices to get the information or resources they need.
• Take minutes, type dictation, organize physician files and patient records.
• Prepare meetings, including processing CME paperwork, making room reservations, and fulfilling A/V requirements, satisfying catering needs and preparing documents and presentations.
• Maintain patient database, send letters using Microsoft Word Mail Merge, and update records as needed.
Logistics Firm, Customer Service Coordinator, A/R
• Resolved customer service issues by phone and email, driving problems until resolution was achieved.
• Documented all customer service issues in a Microsoft Access database, using reports to track progress and repeating issues.
• Responsible for receiving payment, processing payment in QuickBooks Pro software, and making deposits.
• Managed billing process and communicating with customers regarding payment plans and resolving billing issues.
Consumer Feedback/Market Research Company, Administrative Specialist
• Provided customer service and technical support to customers via telephone and email.
• Reviewed site daily for terms of service violations and for outstanding letters to put in the “15 Minutes of Fame” highlights section of the website.
• Provided administrative support to the executive team, including coordinating schedules, scheduling travel, catering business meetings and organizing files and documentation.
• Provided general administrative support to the 45 person team, including maintaining supply levels and ordering special requests, managing shipping and receiving needs, and planning of employee social events.
• Continued to work remotely for this company till 2008, supporting their website administration, doing web research projects, being involved in podcast interviews, maintaining company database and managing customer service.
IT Consulting Firm/Restaurant Management Firm, Office Manager
• Managed customer follow-up procedures, scheduled IT technician appointments, and provided marketing and sales support.
• Managed payroll processing for a staff of 150 restaurant and bar employees, and 20 IT consulting employees.
• Processed federal, state and local tax information for eight bars/restaurants and an IT consulting firm on a monthly or yearly basis, as needed.
IT Consulting Firm, Operations Assistant
• Developed, implemented and managed Communication Plan, which included touching base with consultants on a bi-weekly basis via telephone for job satisfaction feedback, providing feedback to management staff in a neutral form, and driving resolutions to any issues discovered.
• Arranged monthly social gatherings and informal training events and discussion groups designed to improve employee retention and loyalty.
• Provided administrative assistance to Chief Operations Office and Operations management team.
Real Estate & Rental Company, Executive Assistant to President and Vice President
• Managed busy phone system with 10 lines, assisting property customers with lot rule issues, rental customers with rental property concerns, and vendor issues.
• Maintained adequate office supply levels, reorganized and updated filing and computer systems, created formal position documentation.
• While assisting with rental property management, achieved top sales two months in a row.
Online Service Provider, Administrative Assistant
• Supported a billing redesign team of 50, including internal staff and consultants.
• Performed administrative duties such as online account management, travel and hotel arrangement for consultants, coordinating and documenting team meetings, maintaining adequate supply levels and documenting project status and timelines.
• Given the opportunity to write, complete and analyze software test cases, coordinating team social events, managing communication within the team and first level desktop support.
• Attended Ohio Dominican University, working towards Associate Degree in Business Management. Received Dean's List Award consistently.
Skills, Software Experience and Training:
Site administrator for [login to view URL]. Type 60wpm. Invision, RDP Document Viewer (Medquist). ADP, Paychex, Peachtree, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Pro. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Internet Explorer, Publisher, PageMaker, FrontPage. Visio Professional, PeopleSoft HR Applications, ACT!, Goldmine. Netscape Communicator Pro, Windows 3.1, 95, NT, 2000, and XP, DOS. Unity Mail. Place Ware, Present Online, WebEx, Chorus Call and Intercall. Franklin Covey Time Management, Project Management and Stress Management courses. Franklin Time Planner. AMA “HR and the Law”. Brainbench Office Management Certification. Child Abuse and Neglect Awareness, Fire Safety and Hazardous Chemical Management Tutorial, Tuberculosis Prevention Program, and Dialogue on Diversity Awareness Training.