Introduction to Alumina Consulting
Alumina specialise in service provider and corporate network design, implementation and monitoring.
With 8 years experience in telecommunications engineering and management you can be confident your network is operating to world standards.
Alumina also provide customised software development, ensuring your business remains a competitive leader by driving efficiency and quality while maintaining overall customer satisfaction.
Experience includes -
- Billing systems
- High end VoIP Asterisk clusters in excess of 6 million minutes per month
- MySQL Custering and Replication
- Mail, DNS, Radius
- Cisco, Redback and Juniper
Alumina is committed to providing the highest quality of products and services to its clients. We are committed to responding to our clients' needs, and we carry that commitment forward as we develop new products and win the loyalty of new clients.
What you can expect from Alumina:
1. We will engage in ongoing dialogue with our clients regarding their functional needs in the areas of our expertise, and recommend alternate solutions where the needs exceed our qualifications or time constraints.
2. Decisions to develop new products and enhance existing products will be based on observed and expressed client needs.
3. Clients will be involved in requirements definition and system (pre-release) testing.
4. We will provide clients with ready access to high-quality support and will document their problems and requests for product enhancement.
We do not believe that software can be developed solely on narrow considerations of functionality. It should not be expected to fulfill all needs and desires. Instead, it must become part of a business system, and that system as a whole must be sustainable, maintainable, and cost-effective.
Therefore, we have made the following strategic decisions to support this view:
1. Products will adhere to and support the applicable standards defined for and by our clients' industries, focusing especially on compliance and interoperability.
2. Products will be developed for web-based delivery and will be deployed in a consistent manner.
3. Products will be developed using PHP tools, exploit appropriate PHP libraries, and function on a Linux platform.
4. Products will maintain a consistent, user-friendly interface and will include context-sensitive electronic user documentation.
We are convinced that adhering to these principles reduces deployment time, shortens the learning curve for client personnel, avoids administrative complexities, minimizes system/application conflicts, increases system reliability, and reduces implementation and support costs.
In line with our commitment to quality, we will define, maintain, and adhere to documented standards, policies, and procedures for software development.
Fundamental principles include the following:
1. Responsibilities of managers, developers, and support personnel will be clearly defined.
2. Developers must be fully competent in the relevant tools and technologies and fully informed regarding the methods, standards, and procedures they must follow.
3. Development will proceed according to a defined system development life cycle.
4. Development projects will be formally planned, then managed and tracked according to plan.
5. Requirements will be defined and documented, and the developed system will be tested against those requirements.
6. Changes in requirements, tools, standards, procedures, and methods will be handled according to a defined process of definition, analysis, approval, execution, and testing.
Changes will be communicated systematically, clearly, and unambiguously to the developers.
7. Coding will be done in accord with rules that represent best industry practice.
8. The integrity of code will be maintained using Subversion.
9. User and system documentation will be completed before product release, then maintained; version control will be observed.
10. Client personnel and support personnel will be given training in product functionality, use, and new features.
11. Project records, including plans, progress reports, signoff sheets, and test documentation, will be archived at the end of the project.
12. Provision will be made for reporting process deficiencies and for acting to correct those deficiencies.
Verification Code: 2e5ecbbf