Verifying my payment method
From this page, you learned that card verification means adding a card as a payment method (vs. card authentication which is proving that you own the card). Adding a verified payment method is not limited to credit cards, however. You can select either Credit/Debit Card or PayPal as your preferred payment source which allows adding funds and making payments easier for you in using the platform.
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar. Then, click Settings.
2. Go to the Payment & Financials tab.
3. Click the + Payment Method button.
4. Select your preferred payment source: Credit/Debit Card or PayPal
5. Provide the details required. Confirm that all information is correct to avoid verification errors.
6. Set your billing agreement currency.
Credit card verification - By default, the currency is set to your card's currency. This will be the currency where you want your card to be charged.
PayPal verification - Your billing agreement's currency will depend on your Freelancer.com account's primary currency.
7. Click Continue to complete verification.
Verifying your payment method is free. Some credit card gateways, however, may charge a small fee which will be automatically refunded in 2 - 3 business days.
After successful verification, a billing agreement, which allows automatic payment to your transactions, will be created.