I am trying to establish a small home network with 2-3 computers. I believe that MS Windows has built in support for what I am trying to do but I don't know how to set it up.
Current hardware and setup:
- a Wifi router (Belkin Wireless G Router)
- my desktop PC: is connected to the Wifi router through a LAN cable, it can access the Internet, uses a Kerio Firewall
- my notebook PC: it connects to the Wifi router through Wifi, it can access the Internet, uses a Norton Firewall
- my notebook PC cannot access my desktop PC's hard drives and vice versa
- 1) my desktop PC and my notebook PC should have full file access to each other, not only to the "shared folder", but the complete hard drives
- 2) want to create a guest user on the desktop PC with access to the internet, file access must be limited to its own files
- 3) want to make it possible for guest notebook PCs to connect to the Internet through Wifi, but they must not have access to my dektop PC or my notebook PC
- 4) want to connect a USB hard drive to my desktop PC, guest users must not have access to this hard drive
- optional: 5) all users including guest users should be able to use the printer
My own notebook PC should be able to connect either by Wifi or LAN cable, but I think this is already the case.
You should explain to me either via email or phone how I can accomplish this and walk me through the required steps where necessary. The project is completed when I was able to establish the network as described.
In case your solution requires any additional hardware or software, please clarify this in your bid. But basically I want to work with the current hardware and software.
Many service providers here place bids without even understanding the project requirements. If you bid, please give me some information on how you want to do this. This way I am able to understand that you really know how to do it.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $33 for this job
We are having 11 years experience in Linux and Windows Networking. We can assist you in such a manner so that it will take maximum of 3 to 4 hours to get connected in LaN for 3 PCs