1. Windows User runs an application with a GUI (no command prompt windows). The program checks for Admin or tries to run as Admin and provides messaging to the user as necessary on startup.
2. User is presented with 2 radio buttons: EAST, WEST. The current state is selected (i.e. if currently East, then default is East). User must choose one and only one option, then clicks OK.
3. The program kills some other programs (e.g. [login to view URL])
4. The program sets Registry key HKLM\...\Server = [login to view URL]
5. The program changes a text file C:\...[login to view URL] and replaces SERVER=EAST with SERVER=WEST
6. The program modifies an MSSQL database and does zero or more of:
UPDATE table SET Group=West where UserID=50 and/or
INSERT INTO table VALUES (50, West) and/or
DELETE FROM table WHERE Group=East and UserID=50
7. The program restarts [login to view URL]
8. The program provides some messaging to user (e.g. "Successfully made changes!" or "Error:Could not connect to SQL")
9. If there is an error, the program sends an email to:someone@[login to view URL] with information in the subject and body
When bidding on this project, please tell me what programming language you intend to use. Please guess approximately how many lines of code will be required: 10, 100, 1000, or 10000 lines of code. If you do not include this number, your bid will be ignored.
31 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $1377 på dette job
Hi Nice to meet you. I will use python for your app. Also will provide GUI for two radio buttons and other options. I think approx code line is 400 or 500. Let me know your deadline and other details. Regards Lian
How are you? Like you see in my profile and portfolios, I have rich experience in C/C++, C#, and Python programming. I think that I can complete your project perfectly. Thanks
Hello, I'm a VB.NET programmer with great experience. Let me know if you are interested and I'm ready to create the needed application with about 500 lines of code. Regards, Tony Benev