I am running Active Directory for my windows 2012 R2 network infrastructure. I only have one domain server. This project is to setup the second domain server. I have setup many active directory networks, but I never have setup two domain servers. The second 2012 server is up and running, but is not connected to the domain. It is a virgin server. As part of this project, we will test the primary domain server failing. I would like to watch the setup of this domain via screen sharing.
I see the flow of the project:
1) Pre-setup the second server so it can be added to the current domain.
2) Add the 2012 server to the domain
3) Configure the server to be a domain server
a. The server will have the IP address [login to view URL]
b. All the other servers in the forest will be updated so they have the primary domain server IP address in the DNS and also the new server IP address in the DNS
4) Test the domain configuration
5) Unplug the first server to test the second server. I am running exchange server. Currently when the domain server is offline exchange will stop working. One test will be to see if exchange runs or fails. An additional test will be to see if when logging into the network the second domain is able to have users login.
Please include an outline on how you would complete this project in your proposal.
Please answer the following questions in your proposal
1) How many Active Directory networks have you setup?
2) How many domain controllers do you recommend a network have?
3) How many domain controllers have you setup for a network?
4) How do you test a backup/secondary domain controller?
5) Have you ever promoted a secondary domain controller to a primary domain controller?
6) What do you recommend that is different from this article on setting up a secondary domain controller [login to view URL]
After this project is finished, I will post a project to setup a third Active Directory Server which I will award to you if the project is completed to satisfaction.
43 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $169 timen for dette job
Hi, I will setup and configure active directory on server for 2 domains. I do have more than 8 years of expertise in web hosting, server setup, server configuration, optimisation, etc Thank you.
Hi I can setup replica of Ad server for you In case first sever fails then user will authenticated from 2nd one. I recently deployed similar environment in azure if you are interested let me know