We are interested in a solution, which
1. exchanges the phonebook entries between any **NON-HACKED** iPhone and a Windows-based computer (from iPhone to pc and from pc to iPhone)
2. connects the iPhone and the pc via **USB cable**
3. operates **WITHOUT** **interne**t connection and appstore access
The deliverables specified will be:
1. Central DLL (implementing the lower and middle layer of the application
2. Phone Agent (not mandatory; only to be used if NOT AppStore or internet connection is needed)
The middle layer component (Central DLL) should communicate with java based application using JNI protocol. This communication should have the proper quality to avoid issues with memory leakage and thread hanging. This communication is bi-directional. The Java application should call functions of the DLL and also received events from it for special cases.
The communication between the middle layer and the phone (with or without agent) is transparent to the end application (only logging can be specified).
The JNI interface header will be provided from the java working team, when all the functions are implemented in the deliverable DLL.
The phone agent should be functional for the following NON-HACKED iPhone models: 2, 3G, 3GS, 4G
This solution should be feasible and it should work for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32, 64 bits) PC operation systems. The solution should work also for the case where the user rights are limited as plain user.
In all cases where String type is exchanged, this string should be UTF-8 encoded. Thus, no character restrictions should be applied in general.
If an agent application will be needed, it should be uploaded to the phone WITHOUT AppStore or internet connection.