The purpose of this project is to upgrade the systems in 30 select retail store locations. The systems will be received, tested, configured, shipped to the store, and installed. Installation at the store will consist of plugging the hardware in and transferring data from the old computers to the new ones. The old systems will be returned to the moved to vendor warehouse in NY. This work should be completed through March 25th.
1. 144 PC’s Hardware should be unpacked and test the hardware for defects.
2. Configure the systems including installation of software, store-specific customization and security setting to retailer specifications. This step is normally performed by store staff in approximately 50 Min’s to 60 Min’s per system.
3. Perform final quality assurance testing.
4. Pack and ship the systems and installation instructions to the stores.
5. Provide telephone support for installation of the systems at the store. These installations will be done after normal business hours.
Overview of the pre-shipping processes:
1. Initial hardware testing. (Procedure document will be provided after the order confirmation)
2. Loading of image. Procedure document will be provided after the order confirmation)
3. Store customization, including pre-shipping testing. Procedure document will be provided after the order confirmation) which also includes the store addresses, phone numbers and other necessary store details.
4. Label and pack systems for shipping. Return shipping documents for shipping of the de-installed equipment to given address, should be included. store will provide these to the contractor. The equipment should be packed in a suitable manner and it should be insured for $685 per system.
Overview of the installation process:
1. Store Manager unpacks all systems and call the support phone number or the contractor.
2. Contractor verifies all boxes have been received and appear to be complete and intact. Installation will be scheduled for a convenient evening in the next 3 days. At that time the contractor will call the store and execute the following steps:
3. Copy data to Box2.
4. Sign off all boxes except Box1. VAST is now down..
5. Install new Box1.
6. Copy data from Box2 to Box 1.
7. VAST is now operational on all boxes.
8. Sign off Box2.
9. Install new Box2.
10. Repeat steps 7-8 for additional boxes.
11. Contractor verifies that all boxes are operational and emails the Store POS department to that effect.
12. In the event one of the boxes malfunctions existing box will be re-installed and the Store POS Help Desk will be notified by the contractor.
13. Store manager packs old boxes and calls Fedex for pickup.
1. Walk-through of Pre-shipping and Installation processes.
2. Build of 1st store boxes
3. Review of 1st store boxes by Store.
4. Installation of 1st store.
5. Built of next three stores and installs.
6. Store may issue to the contractor updates of patched to the store images to be applied to systems prior to shipping to the stores.
7. Build and install of remaining stores.
Detailed information installation procedure and address details of store location will be provided after the order confirmation.