Platform: Windows CE 6.0 R3
Hardware: ARM (Marvel PXA 320 Processor)
• The application must be complied for Windows CE 6.0 for ARM based processors.
• The application must be command line (console) only. It must NOT require a Windows GUI interface. It will generally be run from a remote Telnet session.
• The application should implement a command line, scriptable FTP client to retrieve files from a remote server and save to a local folder.
• The application’s FTP process must be able to resume interrupted downloads at the point where they previously stopped. The application will be used to load large files over a wireless network to Windows CE based field devices. The connections to the devices are regularly broken for many different reasons. Our current process requires us to restart the download from the beginning each time it fails before the entire file is downloaded. The main purpose of this application is to improve the efficiency of this file transfer.
• The application should also be able to extract files from a ZIP archive.
Nice to have, but not essential requirements:-
• The FTP client should operate in PASSIVE mode.
• I would prefer that the application should not require any Windows CE installation process and should not write to the Windows CE Registry – it should be a simple, stand-alone executable with no dependencies.
• If the application is run with no arguments, then it should print out some “help” text explaining the format of the required script file.
The application should require one command line argument, which will be the name of the script file to process. The script file will be a simple text file with one command (and any arguments) on each line. The exact format of the script file is up to the programmer.
A number of people have responded asking if the .NET Compact Framework is available, and it would appear that it is. This may make the job easier by being able to compile against the common run time system. However the ultimate test will still be that the application must run on the ARM based Windows CE device.
3 freelancers are bidding on average $583 for this job
You could use Embedded Visual C++ for the based language. So, no install process required, simply copy on the device storage and it can be executed directly.