I own a popular Magic: the Gathering website that runs partially on Wordpress and partially on manual code. I’d like to expand the capabilities and functionality of the site significantly, so I’m looking to build
* Custom page templates for two new modules of Magic-related functionality - these are pretty extensive and will have different menus, options, and will be pulling information out of and writing to a database. There will also be input forms associated with both modules.
* Custom Wordpress shortcodes for displaying Magic decks and Magic cards
* Wordpress plugin to manage the settings for all of the above functionality from the Wordpress dashboard
This is a fairly significant project and I expect it to be a few weeks of work.
One thing you will need to help me determine is the nature and extent of the integration with Wordpress. I’m not sure whether these pages will be completely integrated with Wordpress or if only the shortcode functionality will be inside Wordpress.
To make the project easier, I have included many code samples from other applications that you’ll be able to use wholesale. This should allow you to focus on the front end and Wordpress features more.
This project will be billed hourly. Once I evaluate your application and determine that you’re a great candidate, I’ll send you my detailed specifications document and you can provide me with an estimate of the number of hours required for completion of each module.
I am open to discussing milestones and different payment timing options that are beneficial for and/or protect both of us. If this phase of the project goes well, I have other functionality I need to implement and I would be happy to hire you for that as well.
* Wordpress plugin development
* STRONGLY preferred: familiarity with Magic: the Gathering
* If not Magic, knowledge of digital card games like Hearthstone, Eternal, Runeterra or even
Pokemon or Yugioh
* Excellent communication skills and reasonable proficiency in English. You will need to read and * * implement the requirements very carefully
* Optional/ideal: an eye for front end design, making beautiful things
* Optional/ideal: designing for SEO and understanding of page structure on SEO.
* Optional: React
We’ll be using Slack and Asana to manage the work.
*** Please answer these questions to submit a proposal. If you do not address all of these, your response will be discarded ***
1. Link(s) to examples or portfolio of your work, particularly in Wordpress, user-facing apps, and anything games related you’ve done
2. Technologies, frameworks, languages that you’re the most proficient in
3. How much do you know about Magic: the Gathering? If you play, how much have you played and which formats?
4. How soon can you start work and how many hours weekly could you allocate to this project?