We need a responsive (desktop, tablet, and mobile) and SEO-optimized e-commerce website.
We would like to use the BigCommerce platform and API in building this website.
The web pages can be designed and developed within the BigCommerce platform, or alternatively, a more custom approach can be used where custom designed & developed pages are served from a backend framework (Node [login to view URL], etc.) that consumes the BigCommerce API.
All e- commerce credit card payments will be processed through BigCommerce, additionally with other payment options such as Net Terms for distributor or reseller users. At a bare minimum, the following requirements will be necessary for the e-commerce website:
• Home Page, Category Pages, Individual Product Pages, Product Cart Page, Checkout & Payment Page, User Profile & Payment Methods Page, Contact & About Us Pages
• User Sign In & Registration
• Admin Dashboard – Either using BigCommerce existing dashboard or custom developed admin
dashboard. Here, admin users will be able to manage products and product, manage prices, manage product categories, manage customers, manage orders, manage invoices, set home page carousels, e-mail templates. If a custom admin dashboard is developed, it should work in conjunction with the BigCommerce admin dashboard.
• E-Commerce Reporting & Analytics: Invoices, Product Sale Statistics, etc. (BigCommerce supported)
• Single-page or Quick Checkout
• Real-Time Shipping Quotes/Estimates (BigCommerce supported)
• Product Search and Filtering
• Customer groups and segmentation – We envision the e-commerce website to
support at least 2 different types of customers/users: end-users and distributors/resellers. Distributors and resellers will have separate volume-based pricing on the same products. This is supported by BigCommerce.
• HTTPS/SSL Security