We are turning our house into a co-living space for individuals to rent beds from us in a shared room model. We have a basic idea on what we want to highlight via photos and video. We also have a website example that looks the way we would want to present our space ([login to view URL]), so essentially we can use their website model as a template, gaining heavy inspiration from their structure layout and primary functionality from the pages they present. However our site should not be a copy.
Our website does not need to be commercial grade but should be visually pleasing, continuous scroll, and attractive to retain attention when looking through the website.
1. Main requirements:
- Simple and visually pleasing layout mirroring the menu and sections of the provided example website.
- Main sections on our website should have the same overall purpose as the sample website.
- Most pages are fully static, but we would like to pull in google map of the location, potentially google reviews. - Ability to connect to our Facebook business page or if that is difficult, add blog entry updates section to a "blog page".
- Color scheme, font, paragraph separations, and image sections should be consistent. We will provide the content for these written sections later, but we would like to divide up the website in a similar fashion to the provided website.
- footer info should look similar to the example website as well, including social media links (to be connected later)
2. Ability to accept form data (ex: [login to view URL]) and have it emailed to our business email address.
3. Embed video which can either be from a link (we can set up a YouTube channel if necessary) or depending on the platform chosen we upload and host video
4. Owners of the site should be able to simply switch out photos and videos without changing the site structure or layout. There will a section for our current tenants with a small bio section and their current assessment of the space. We should be able to quickly update these as tenants move in and out.
5. Help us choose the most simple platform to create this website. Currently SquareSpace seems to be easiest and cost effective. Wix is another option though we do not know much about it. We are open to any platform as long as the solution makes sense, is also cost effective as this website is simple functionality for basic promotional purposes.