In need of a website with a product-based layout, similar to an e-commerce site that displays a number of products/offers, but without the need to have a checkout or any payment facility. We have attached a screenshot of a now defunct site that we'd like replicated in terms of feel and design. Use the mockup image to guide the layout, which we have tweaked slightly from from original site.
We have a very clear idea of what we want and are looking for a skilled web designer who can accurately work off a design brief to make this site a reality.
- Homepage has 9 offers pinned on a 'corkboard', which are the latest posts in the 'new' category
- Category pages display all offers in chosen category/s, 15 offers per page (3x5), with a 'see more offers' button like [url removed, login to view]
- Each offer opens to own page with a 'Get offer' button (see one of the offers at [url removed, login to view] for an example).
- Competitions and news are just pages that lists posts from those categories
- Use full width of a whole page/screen, don't make the site too narrow (only about 2% of our users have a screen less than 1024px wide)
- Light brown background in header (mockup) meant to be corkboard texture, same as the background for the offers
- Mouse over top nav bar and 'advertise' button changes color to green
- Don't need the little icons beside each category (eg baby, beauty) as in [url removed, login to view]
- See [url removed, login to view] for feel of font and design of shading/button etc
- Use green and brown color shades like [url removed, login to view]
- Ad management widgets (AdSense, see placement in mockup), also on category pages
- Slider like in [url removed, login to view] which allows display of 300x250px images with ability to feature certain posts by assigning them to a certain category, say 'featured'
- Signup to newsletter (mailchimp)
- Login with Facebook
- 'Save with coupons' links to a page that displays coupon database ([url removed, login to view]) as in [url removed, login to view]
- Site search
- Facebook fanbox (or a widget that allows us to put that code in)
- Facebook, Twitter, RSS, contact form buttons (subscribe and connect section)
- Place for side widget where we can put our own 125x125px images (sponsors) or whatever we need
- "Like this", "Tweet this" on each post
- Comments on each post/offer
- RSS feed for each category of freebies/coupons
- Provision of editable files (eg psd, ai) for buttons/labels, in case we want to change wording, colors etc in the future
- Use museo font or similar ([url removed, login to view])
- Popup subscription box that comes up only a couple of times for each user, allow us to customize and turn on and off
- Row of internal links at the bottom of the page (Advertising | FAQ | Disclaimer | Privacy | Grab a Button )
- Compatible with most WP plugins, SEO friendly and valid XHTML + CSS (where needed)