The aim of this project is to create a social ecommerce platform. This project needs minimal facebook features like wall, status update, my friends list, connect with other friends to be provided per group. Each group will be created by a site administrator. Every group is also associated with its own storefront.
• Global admin will create groups, and associated storefront with store name, social networking, home page description, banner image
• Global admin should be able update the store details after creation
• Each store will have its own member registration, social networking and store front associated with a sub-domain
• All the storefronts should operate from a single database.
• Global admin will be able to enable and disable a storefront
• Global admin will register store administrators
• CMS can be Drupal or Joomla
• Global admin should be able to create and update department, category and sub-categories by importing a CSV file.
• Global admin should be able to create, update product listings by importing a CSV file
• Global admin should be able to update price per product by importing a CSV file
• Each product will contain these fields categoryid, subcategoryid, skuid, productid, product name, product description, small image path, large image path, sale price, quantity, expiration date, onsale flag, promotion id
Social site Administrator:
• social site admin will be able to register a user by taking his email-id
• User receives a email with a link to complete registration after the store admin initiates it
• User will complete his registration by providing profile details
• User can browse through department, category and sub category pages
• User can add to cart at the products listing page or the product details page
Development should be done on Magento + Diaspora or StatusNet
Shoud be Installed and demoed on AMAZON EC2 (access will be provided)
50% on first demo
50% on complete site demonstration on amazon EC2