1. We produce our own copyright mp3's and require an online shoppingcart with a preview function to sell them.
2. Hosting/ development server - We will host it but you will have full admin access to the LAMP stack. Therefore it must be developed in Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP. We mainly need the programming expertise to achieve this functionality below. Not concerned with design at this stage.
3. BACKEND ---
* Built on LAMP stack
* Open source or custom built solution (no ongoing license fees for either way)
* Admin of the songs via an Excel file which can be uploaded into the CMS, Shoppingcart, Dreamweaver (possibly as CSV or text)
* The system needs to recognise when a new mp3 file has been added to the product folder and make it available for preview/ purchase in the front end. mp3 will be uploaded manually by us - usually in bulk.
4. FRONTEND ---
* A Flash button that streams a 30 second sample of the actual mp3 product file is required. The button will appear in the column marked "demo" below. The product file path must be undiscoverable (ie. when the demo is played, the mp3 cannot be found in users' temp internet folder).
5. USER SEES THIS FOLLOWING TABLE
Title - Artist - ChordChart - Lyrics - Price - Demo - Add to cart
6. Please see attached Excel file which will explain all the database setup in more detail.
7. PREFERENCES ---
We have a license for X-Cart Gold and actually had this exact setup some years ago, and it worked beautifully. Have also toyed with a Joomla/ Maian Media component which came close but doesn't quite fit the bill.
Ideally if you are an X-Cart expert, I could share some files with you and you could repair what I had earlier. But this doesn't have to be Joomla, OScommerce, Magento or any particular CMS. It just has to function as described above.
Looking to find a great coder who delivers on time and on budget. There'll be loads more work for the right person.
You'll need to show me working examples of your work and explain how you can do this.