Project Manager for Remote Teams
Sorry but this particular post is NOT open to Indian, Pakistan, Sub-continent teams. UK Only,
Project Manager Role
Must be able manage developers and liaise with clients remotely? (Email, IM, Basecamp, ) You will provide a 'virtual' backroom support for a fast growing development team in UK & Europe. Your written/spoken english must be excellent 4+. You will need to be freindly and yet firm. Your usual PM skills for eg planning must be great, to ensure delivery of projects, and resolution of issues. You must be willing to travel travel to London to meet clients, of corse expenses etc will be paid.
Must be good under pressure
Must use your initiative to resolve issues daily
You must be willing to be flexible with hours, for eg. if a project needs it do the extra paid hours if necessary inc weekends were it is very essential.
This position is a crucial one for our new company. You will 'manage' a team of high end developers, and also communicate directly with clients via email, etc. You will be introduced to a few handpicked developers/teams.
You will ensure that beta projects are thoroughly checked through and delivery is of high standard
You do not need to be a programmer, but this could be very useful. ( LAMP, HTML/CSS, Basic Flash )
Always contactable by email, IM or phone.
Dealing with clients will involve
Aknowledging their requests and passing these on to the team
Highlighting any omissions or potential problems in these client requests,Giving client project updates
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Answering general queries about developmentDealing with the 'team' will involve
* Aknowledging team queries about requests and trying to answer or passing these on to the client
* Highlighting any omissions or potential problems in projects and telling team
* Creating milestones for projects and ensuring they are kept
* Always having a Plan B, in case we need more developers. Rapid hiring etcImportant:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You will not be held to blame for any failings in a remote team, but we do expect you to always have a 'Plan B', to use intiative and always act fast.
This post is a sensitive one and it goes without saying we need someone who is totally trustworthy, dilligent and wants to be part of our succcess. Of course the rewards can be great for right candidates.
Thanks in advance to all applicants, ( sorry we cannot always reply ta all )