Goal is to create a moderated technical information website for public consumption. There will (at some stage) likely be members invited to be become article authors or moderators, while the forums will be open for free discussion.
Build CMS based website with the following criteria:
• Use a common CMS framework, such as WordPress or Joomla – however other suggestions accepted
• Create an overall basic graphical theme and look/feel for the website
• Create a custom menu which has the same style as the Microsoft system centre suite, which must be easy to change/add/remove items
- if you are not familiar with this menu style – see [url removed, login to view] as an example
• The site requires the following basic areas:
o Home/News – basic news type of page, searchable via tag
o Articles – text, images, video. searchable via tag and/or category
o Templated articles
Expected to be only text
Template which has a number of required fields
Some fields will be populated from drop-down boxes – and may have links to other pages within the site to other template pages
Some fields will be free-form text
Some areas must have expandable/collapsible content areas – prefer the +/- according style - for example - [url removed, login to view]:accordion-faq&catid=37:accordion-faq&Itemid=65
Ability for admin to update templates and drop down fields
Searchable via tag, category, and preferably, certain fields
o Moderated comments area at the bottom of each page type
o Video area
o Membership database, with varying levels of access
Templated article author
Templated article moderator
User (access to make comments and participate in forums)
• Site will be created on test wordpress/joomla instance initially and must have tested documentation on process for moving all site configuration and content to a hosted wordpress/joomla service
• Using plugins is fine, as long as they have no restrictions on how they can be used
Based on the speed and quality of the responses, I don't believe that any of you even read the description. Every response appears to be a copy/paste template - and those of you I have asked questions of, have been unable to answer at all - let alone with a good answer.
For those of you that are actually interested (if any):
- What CMS will you use ?
- Do you have any examples of a similar menu system you have already created ?
- Do you have example sites that are similar to what I have specified (not just every site you have done)