[url removed, login to view]
Some key points from the Business Case :
Because of the speed at which the Internet is growing, and the expectations of average users are ever increasing, the Fraser Roving website has fallen behind times. A simple Google search of “Fraser backpack” as of [url removed, login to view] at 7:30 PM does NOT show the Fraser Website on the first page. The lost cliental can easily be seen. The current website can be seen as “clunky” with a 80s feel to it. Whilst the website does have relevant “meta” tags on the Home Page, this is clearly not enough to get it on the 1st page of Google. It is not known how much revenue is lost from the website.
1.2. Anticipated Outcomes
Turning website visit into actual bookings is the desired outcome. A highly attractive website, whilst being simple and catchy is an under pinning goal. Continual improvement to the content of the website, such as a blog, new articles or photo updates will give the website a more “alive” feel, a more, dynamic touch. Being a website that is friendly with people who do backpacking is essential.
1) Completely build the website from scratch, but using current content as data to put into new site. To note, for practical reasons, a template will be used, but modified for speed and efficiency.
2) Some kind of technology for the front page. Such as AJAX or Flash, to give a more vibrant feel to the website.
3) Blog, where staff can frequently talk about occurrences on site, to give a sense that things “happen” there. Staff will need to update this frequently.
4) An attractive Photo gallery where pictures are uploaded for Website visitors to see past events whilst on tours, etc. Ability for staff to upload photos of a group, for future download by those group members will give an incentive for past clients to share the website with their friends.
5) Manage Google Ad words and the websites SEO.
3.3. Technology Migration
The website is currently in HTML format, being a basic website. The page uses static pages and there seems to be inconsistencies between the different web pages.
The site should be moved to PHP or Web 2.0 / HTML 5. Flash or similar technologies should be on the 1st page with easy abilities to make bookings. Finding information should be very easy and presented in an easy to read format. AJAX might also be appropriate here.
A blog module should be implemented and maintained by staff.
A gallery module will need to be redone, and improved.
4. PROJECT OVERVIEW
Project goal will be to present web users with a modern, easy to use interface, where they can obtain information about Fraser Roving, its offerings, and make online bookings.
Ensuring web users are easily able to locate Fraser Roving, based on key words.
The project goal is to bring more visitors from other sources. Google Ad words / SEO is one of many means to do this.
4.2. Goals and Objectives
The goals of this project support the objective outlined by Brian to bring more revenue into Fraser Roving.
Business Goal/Objective Description
Clean, Simple yet catchy website. The website will need to be modern but maintain a clean and easy interface, for web users to use.
Information Delivery Provide clear information about Fraser Island and all relevant tours provided, effectively.
Advertising (Google Ad words and SEO) Greater management of Google Ad words and SEO management, to bring in more clicks off the web.
Convert website visits to bookings. Ultimate goal, done though the completion of the above objectives.
G'day Brian, everything is clear about your requirements on the needs for the new Fraser Roving website. Let's get this started! Thank you - JUMP365 ( Price/Delivery Date Updated ). Thanks