We are a leading supplier of animal health products
on line to the US market.
We are looking for a new web designer to take over the care of one of
[url removed, login to view]
The brief involves two stages.
Stage one of the brief will involve:
1. general tidy up of the "look and feel" of the site to give it
cleaner, more professional lines and the navigation and product
categories/selection needs work - we want the site to look more like other US sites such as [url removed, login to view] , [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] etc. We
don't want a clone of those sites, but we do want the cleaner lines, better
lay out etc.
2. search engine optimisation
3. general update and maintenance (we can upload new products/change
products through the OS Commerce back end, but from time to time we
will ask for changes to be made, new pages to be added etc). If some sort
of user interface could be set up to allow us to do this ourselves, all the
4. hosting of the site
Stage 2 involves
1. Implementing a auto reminder system for customers (most products
are purchased in 3 monthly or six monthly packets, we therefore want
customers to automatically receive an email reminder when its time to
2. inclusion of articles/vet tips (about 50 to start with)
3. improved site search including "customers who ordered xyz also ordered abc" etc.
The website shopping cart is currently based on OS Commerce (using
Paypal payment processing). We have been (more or
less) happy with this system, and would be reluctant to change but
could be convinced to change if a stand out alternative was available
(and if customers current details could be transferred across, without
requiring them to re-register).
If you are successful in this project, we have two other websites
which will require similar work.
Key performance requirements are:
a) an ability to work to, and meet a time table
b) understanding of the needs of online customers
c) ability to increase natural search rankings for the site
d) value for money
Please respond with a private message attaching a Word or PDF document setting out:
1. details of your relevant experience, and examples of your work.
2. what sort of timing you will need to complete the initial stage of
3. likely cost (including on going costs) for each stage
4. anything else that you think will be helpful to us in making the
Replies without a PM containing the above information will not be considered.
After the initial stage of the project, regular updates will not take more
than a couple of hours a month.
If you want any clarification, you can send me a PM.