We're looking for a web design firm who can set a site up for us along the lines of MySpace. We want our subscriber members to be able to communicate with each other on a wide variety of subjects including dating, trading time in vacation homes, good books they've read, politics, etc. Blogging, chat rooms, would be a part of this site.
More importantly, we're looking for a webdesign firm that can help us on a wide variety of web improvement projects. We currently have two sites, both of which need work, one of which is quite successful (the other is just a couple of months old) and the envisioned community dating site mentioned above. Our criteria:
1. Must have an office in Canada or the US, and our contact must speak English well.
2. Good communication--fast response to emails and phone messages.
3. Has set up at least one complicated community type site and that site must currently be functioning.
4. Has set up at least three websites with shopping carts that are well known. Those shopping carts must be [url removed, login to view] compatible (not Paypal).
5. One of our sites is cold fusion based, an a knowledge of this software, while not necessary, would be helpful for some of the work we need done.
6. We require references of at least two North American clients that you have done work for in the past, and one must be a community site, and one a shopping cart site as described above, and the reference must be reachable via phone or email.
We want quality work and we're prepared to pay for it. Obviously, value is also important to us--we could get a domestic web design firm to do this work--and we are talking to one, but we wonder about the cost/value alternatives among foreign firms.
We're interested in a long term relationship.
Please do not bid if you do not have a North American office.