A new website allowing for a degree of interaction and collaborative work for a non-profit foundation. Deadline 1 May.
Contains: i) basic text and images in an easily navigable structure ii) blog with comment space iii) collaboration space.
We want to be able to administer the site and easily change text as well as make slight modifications to the structure.
The collaboration space should be along the following lines:
- Discussion fora involving registration.
- Different levels of users: those who can read (no registration); those who can comment (registration); those who can up and download files in collaboration space (registration with email confirmation); approval (registered users selected by us - nb not same users as those administering overall website). Indicate whether want to join news mailing list at same time as registration with email confirmation (default yes).
- Different fora on different topics, each under 3 main work areas.
- Ability to download & download pdfs, text files and 3D cad files; searchable indication of language of file.
- Possibility to identify yourself as 'working on' a topic.
- Possibility for 'approval' to be given on topic by approved users - suggest this could be done through a discussion sticky, and ability to change traffic light (see below)
- Traffic light systems per topic: red – work not started; orange – work in progress; green – work completed – and approved.
- Traffic lights in a dashboard at head of each main work area.
We will require a project plan with key milestones. We want to be involved in decision making in at least 4 key stages to steer and develop the project:
i) overall design structure and proposed implementation
ii) design look and feel - presentation of at least 3 options
iii) early development of collaborative space
iii) final testing before sign off