seeking a contract Web developer or Web development team to create and help manage several dynamic campaign Web sites.
As an advocacy organization providing logistical support to several ballot initiative campaigns across the country, looking to reformat and redesign the Web sites.
Scope of Work
Specific dynamic features should be suggested in the proposal and can be determined in further conversation with us. The overarching goals will be to drive traffic to the sites, provide tools to coordinate volunteer activity and grassroots support, assist in fundraising for the campaigns, keep readership informed on the campaigns’ progress, and drive voters to the polls in November.
open to all recommendations for specific Web tools to achieve these goals, so the following list is by no means exhaustive, but proposals could include:
(1) An interactive phone-banking from home feature, enabling users to call targeted voters to urge their support and drive them to the polls during GOTV, and a mechanism to store all data collected;
(2) Letter-to-the-editor, Tell-A-Friend, and “activist toolbox” (housing printable campaign materials) functionalities;
(3) A clickable map to find polling locations, descriptions of local GOTV activities, links to a Precinct Captain signup form, and so forth;
(4) And integration of video and social networking components, as well as a featured campaign blog (or blogs).
will have unconditional, irrevocable, and royalty-free rights and license to use, produce, reproduce, publish, translate, adapt, record by any means, disseminate, and broadcast the work.
will provide approval of the producer's project plan, review the interim reports, and provide feedback to the producer.
Candidates should demonstrate technical expertise in all areas needed to produce this kind of product, as well as the strong project management skills necessary to ensure the success of the project.
Proposals should include the following sections:
• Organizational Capacity: Discuss the company's background and experience in Web site development, particularly within the context of issue advocacy, if applicable. Include links to samples of previous work.
• Work Plan: Include a work plan with milestones and timelines for achieving each, as well as a final deliverable date. Work should begin in July.
• Cost Proposal: Provide a budget showing the final cost.
• References: Provide two references who are qualified to comment on previous projects. Please include company, name, telephone number, and e-mail address.
The fee and other details in the proposal must be valid for a period of 60 days after submission.
All interested parties should communicate their intent to submit a proposal by June 17, and all complete proposals should be submitted by June 20. Will review all proposals submitted and notify finalists by June 23, who will then be provided with any additional information about specific functionality or tools we would like to see implemented. A final decision will be made by June 25.
All proposals received by the deadline will be reviewed by us using common criteria. Upon selection of the successful applicant, all other applicants will be notified in writing of their final status.