Create a COM add-in for Microsoft Outlook 2007 and later, to be used in proprietary spell-checking of emails. The spell-checking engine itself is already in place but it needs to interface with Outlook to offer spell-checking for Icelandic and other languages.
It is important that underlying code is VB and that it can be further developed for spell-check interfacing which will be implemented by my company.
The important thing is that the freelance programmer set the framework for an Outlook add-in and we can take it from there. The freelance programmer implements a button and/or menu command to invoke the spell-checker. If the programmer can figure out a way to underline a misspelled word with a wavy underline and invoke the spell-checker for suggestions, that would be great too.
If simpler, then it's alright that the code only is compatible with Outlook 2010 and up.
To clarify further:
The add-in should do this:
1) When a new message is created in Outlook or a message is replied or forwarded, a spell-check button/ribbon and preferably a right-click menu command line should be in place.
2) When the user writes something, that event should be handled so that when he writes a space the word can be looked up for spelling. If the word is not found then it should be underlined with a red wavy underline. When he right-clicks such a word some suggestions should appear which will replace the word if he selects one of them.
3) The user should also be able to press the spell-check button or select the command from the right-click menu, to start a spell-check after he has written the message. Then the program should highlight the first word that is not found.
4) The code should include methods to find words within the message, highlight words and replace words, as these are important parts of the process.
5) The aim is to get from the programming freelancer a code that has all the right methods so that these can be adapted for further development.
Note that the spell-checking database already exists, along with a program that searches for words and delivers suggestions if not found. The programmer does not have to code any of that, only mimic its functionality.
Money is not the main issue but delivering a code that presents the framework outlined above.
9 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $196 for dette job
Hi, if you want somebody who is firm with vsto, i'm the right one. Please get in contact, for further project planning. Hope to read you. :) With best regards from Germany Kai Scheddin