This is about a Caller ID application.
This is a really easy and quick project since most of the part will be done from the client since its need a lot of customisation that can’t be done from the programmer.
So what I need is a framework/software that will do the following.
Two separate programs will be running on two different computers. Computer A, and computer B. Actually it should not make any difference if the softwares arerunning on two different computers or in one.
This can should be an exe software that should run in win 2000/XP and above.
This software should do:
1. Wait for a Phone to ring.
2. Phone rings.
3. Caller ID recognition though ISDN Interface (is called TAPI ISDN. Its distributed free. I can help on that. Google it as well).
4. Get the Callers ID and save it on an mdb called “[url removed, login to view]”
5. Go to step 1
At computer B another software will be running (exe type again).
1. A thread should be keep reading the “[url removed, login to view]” from Computer A (shared folder on Windows XP) and waits for a new number to appear.
2. Get the new number and look it up in a db called “[url removed, login to view]” and get some needed records
3. Display on the bottom right of the screen an icon where a popup window will display (eg. like the most antivirus do or the windows update info etc.) where the user can click on it and then continue on step 4. If not then just disappear after a while.
4. Close the popup window on the bottom right of the screen and display on a new window all the details that got from step 2. Please see below about step 4.
5. In the mainwhile step 1 should be working in the background (waiting for new numbers). If a new number arrives then move to step 2 and step 3&4 as well but in a new window.
Step 4 details: There is a strong possibility of getting data directly from the internet displaying pdf files on the screen from a specific website with specific details.
User should be able to specify paths and other details in an preferences window so to customise the application.
Full source code need it with comments.