The requirement is to produce a spreadsheet of (scraped) data from soccermanager.com. An example of the output is given in the example spreadsheet.
In summary the data that is required is:
1) Data on the users own club (See My Team)
2) A list of players on the database along with some key statistics and their SM club. (See Gk, Any Defender, Any Midfielder and Any Forward)
3) A list of clubs and their managers (see Club List)
The data must be delivered in an Excel spreadsheet.
The application, and hence data, must be delivered so it can run on request in standalone mode (ie anyone could use it without additional software) and must (re-)populate an Excel spreadsheet.
No additional software must be used other than that which can be included in Excel.
It is important that the developer familiarise themselves with the search facilities in [url removed, login to view]
As a minimum six data sheets are required with the data as follows.
1) My team
Having logged on to soccermanager .com and selected a club it is necessary to produce a sheet containing the data in the "My Team" data sheet under club overview
The search criteria for the four player sheets are all to use the selected value in the player rating field in the Search Criteria sheet
This can be used as input into the advanced player search window (Transfers..., Search..., Rating...)
2) Gk - This is the search out put when selecting a position of "Gk" and Rating as selected above
This is to contain all Gk data shown over all pages.
3) Any Defender - This is the search out put when selecting a position of "Any Defender" and Rating as selected above
This is to contain all Defender data shown over all pages.
4) Any Midfielder - This is the search out put when selecting a position of "Any Midfielder" and Rating as selected above
This is to contain all Midfielder data shown over all pages.
5) Any Forward - This is the search out put when selecting a position of "Any Forward" and Rating as selected above
This is to contain all Forward data shown over all pages.
Note: If using scraping there will probably be more than one page for each type of player . The data from each page will need to be collected.
6) Club List
This is to contain the data shown of the club list page which is found under Game World.
Note: Clubs will change in different league set ups.
To obtain the example data I have copied and pasted from each screen. This operation needs to be automated.
The application must work using both IE and Firefox.
The choice of developer will be based on:
1) Accuracy in meeting the requirement
3) Time taken
4) Additional functionality provided
5) Proof that the developer will be successful. You can do this by providing previous examples or details of how you will do this in a PM.
6) Any subsequent support provided
Although this is a small project payment will be made in two stages:
1) 50% on receipt of the tested (by the developer) application
2) 50% after final testing by myself
Please ask if you have any questions.
Thank you for your interest