This project is for the creation of a custom data entry program so employees can enter data into an iPad when visiting customers, transmit data to our office computer and generate reports. It will have 3 main components:
1. iPad app with several electronic forms and a navigation menu.
2. Data transfer program to transfer the collected data through the internet to a main database on our office computer.
3. An application/database on our office computer to conduct simple calculations, print preformatted reports and allow for simple online queries.
The hardware that we will use is as follows:
- Data Collection would be done on iPads. If tablet PC’s with Windows OS can be used in addition to iPad that would be an advantage but it’s not a requirement.
- Office computers all have Windows OS and are on a network.
Below are details of how the program should work -
(1) When the app is opened it should show a main navigation screen with options: (a) start work (b) end work (c) view incomplete work (d) find customer (e) find record.
(2) When the user visits a customer he selects “start work” which directs him to an electronic form (“Customer Form”) and he enters common information for the customer and the number of Main Forms to be completed at that customer. He then completes as many Main Forms as needed and then clicks “end work” when done. All Main Forms entered between “start work” and “end work” should be associated with that specific customer. Date, start and end time should be recorded.
(3) When “end work” is selected, the screen should show the target number of Main Forms, the actual number completed and the number that remain. He should then have the option to select one of the following options: (a) work complete–end work, (b) work incomplete, schedule another visit, (c) work incomplete–no further visit needed.
(4) Please see the attached file for more detailed information about iPad app.
(1) Data should be transferred through the internet to the main database on the office computer when an internet connection is available. This can be automatic or manual. The data is not highly sensitive but there should be some basic encryption.
(2) Our thought was that the data be uploaded to our web hosting server and then downloaded to the office computer but we are open to better or easier ways to do this.
(1) Data from the iPads should be consolidated and stored in a main database on our office computer.
(2) There are 2 pre-defined print reports that should be generated by this app. The user should be prompted to enter the customer name and a few other data items (address, contact name, etc.) that will be used to generate the report.
(3) The calculations for the report are simple addition / subtraction from the collected data and from some defined variables (about 15 variables). There should be a way for the user/admin to periodically adjust the values of the variables if needed.
(4) Parts of the print reports are fixed, but the text should be editable before printing so that the user can change, add or deleted words or sentences.
(5) See the attached file for more info about the report and calculations.
(6) There will be 4 basic on-screen reports: (a) list of customers visited during a selected time period, (b) list of customers visited by employee (c) list of incomplete visits (d) customer overview
(7) There should be a way to export data to Excel/Access.
(8) There should be a simple way to backup the main database.
The app should be simple to use. If your approach requires specific hardware or software, please indicate in a PM. If you need more detailed information, diagrams, flow chart, sample screens or sample reports please let us know.
If you have any questions, please ask before bidding.
20 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $2090 for dette job
Can help... I am an expert... please check my reviews, qualifications and latest projects i have worked on... please provide more details so that i can give you an accurate bid...
I am an experienced iPad, iPhone, Flex and C# developer. I find your project interesting and would like to get the chance to build it. Best regards, Yonatan Betzer