We rent a dedicated server that hosts 6 domains, most of which have minimal traffic. Three domains are individual product websites that link back to one basic, static html index page that provides an entry into our store (existing Miva Merchant 4.0 on the server), which sells these three products. This domain also has an old, rarely used vBulletin forum (v3.5.4).
We wish to upgrade this site from the one static page to vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.x to allow this page to be used to publish articles, ideas, blogs entries, etc., besides serving as an entry to both the forum and the online store.
Work to be done:
1. Upgrade old vBulletin 3.5.4 forum data so it can be read by new 4.x forum
2. Install latest version of vBulletin 4.x Publishing Suite on server. Upgrade components as needed.
3. Activate old forum data.
4. Install third party vBulletin skin (“Skylight ” from [url removed, login to view])
5. Swap default skylight logo gif (254 x 50 pixels) with our new custom logo
6. Customize main horizontal links - add in ”Store” button with link to store, and change “Blogs” to new title.
7. Customize home page “Welcome to our forum…” box, below navigation, to create a “product advertising box” with images and to our two books for sale inside the store. Discuss methods on how to easily modify this section in future.
8. The Miva Merchant store control panel allows user to customize headers and footers with pasted html code. We need to either utilize the top navigation bar from vBulletin to create a common look inside the Miva store, or else create a similar look and feel inside Miva.