I have two working programs that were originally written about 10 years ago with the first version of VB.net. They use old dotnetfx dependencies that aren’t useful on modern operating systems. When trying to install on newer machines you have to manually figure out which version of dotnetfx to download and install and it is a hassle. I would like both programs updated to use the correct dependency based on version of operating system, 32/64bit… I’m fine with the program either having the files in a folder that is included in the download or on the disk or if the program directs the installer to the correct location to download the files from Microsoft. Whatever is easier. Both Programs are included. Please open and look them over (see that they compile…) before placing a bid
• Update all dependencies as needed for modern operating systems
• Both programs need to be upgraded to version 3.1 anywhere the version shows up.
• I need both programs to have new icon files made. The current versions are very pixilated and unprofessional. I don’t need anything fancy, just a nice version of “SV” and “MC” would suffice.
• The current programs are using MSI files. I would prefer to break the program into folders so that I can manually change a manual file if needed without re compiling.
• I would like whoever gets the job to have some experience with COM ports and two working com ports they can use to test. The Stream Viewer program will test itself by placing a jumper between pins 2 and 3 of a DB9 while transmitting data, or if you have two com ports you can run to instances of the program to talk with each other. It is basically a custom version of hyper terminal. The second program requires a custom display to fully test, which I can do here, but on your end if you have two serial ports you can use “Stream Viewer” to test that the “Message Center” program is sending out data.
• Once completed I will of course want copies of both the source files as well as any deployable files.
• Payment will be made after I test and approve a deployable version and before you have to send the source files.
I can break the project into 2 parts if needed, though if you do one program the second should go really quickly as they are both based on the same files. I have previously hired someone to update these programs but they didn’t know what they were doing and I won’t be willing to give anyone a partial payment if the job is not done. I won’t accept bids from anyone without a proven record without several positive feedbacks from previous customers.
I had to remove the original [url removed, login to view] file from the zip folder because it was larger than freelancer would allow. If I need to make arrangements to link to an external source for the full file, please just let me know.