Looking for a QA-tester, a native speaker of US English (strictly) for a game testing project starting mid-Feb. The game is a 2D fantasy MMORPG, set in Ancient China. Translated from Chinese and Russian into English.
1) A native speaker of English (strictly, language learners will not be considered)
2) A linguist/translator with an understanding of what can go wrong in a translation
3) Previous QA testing experience and/or gaming experience
4) Knowledge of Russian is a big plus
5) Quick learner, ability to work with new tools, lockits, bugtrackers
1) Play the game following a test plan.
2) Check in-game content: read all texts and spot the mistakes (typos, punctuation, style, inconsistencies, poor translation, non-English characters, etc).
3) Report mistakes in a bug tracker suggesting a correction.
4) Fix the mistake in a lockit file.
When responding, please include answers to the following questions:
1. Have you tested any games? if yes, what type/volume?
2. Do you have any experience in translation, LQA? If yes, please give details.