I am currently in the process of translating our Marketing Tools to Finnish.
The original project was for 23,000 words, however it has been mostly completed and only 6,000 words remain.
The translator working on the original bid has unexpectedly notified me that he will not be able to complete the project, and now I am looking for a translator to complete the bid based on the work done thus far, so that the final product is coherent.
Accordingly, in addition to translating the remaining text (much of which is repetitive), you will be asked to QA your work three weeks after submission - to verify that the translation is correct in context (i.e. on the website, on the catalog…).
In order to complete this project successfully, you will be required to:
- Learn the material to the level where you understand enough to translate
- Study the company website [[url removed, login to view]] to get a better understanding of the product
- Search for industry terms on the web (if need be)
- Translate the missing words
- Edit the entire file to receive a coherent overall project
- Two weeks after all materials are submitted, you will be asked to perform quality assurance on the finalized marketing tools to verify that the final; product is indeed perfect.