I am looking for someone able to help me out with a project in art conservation. A bit of background: I’m a restorer and I’m currently working on a contemporary artwork made in PVC, which consists in four masks placed on a wood support. My intervention entails a 3D printed structure to be place under the masks. Here where I need your help. I have already done the Photogrammetric model and I design the structure and printed it. I need your help to improve this structure and optimize according to the following criteria:
- I’d like to start from the shape I have currently design, but if can come out with a better structure I’m more than happy to take your suggestion into account.
- It must not be a full body structure, as it would create too many mechanical constrains to my already fragile artwork.
- I would like to perform a topology optimization of the structure/it’s component (I know it can be done in Grasshopper but I’m not able to).
- The structure carries a very light weight, almost not influential (every mask weights around 40g). The aim of the structure is to anchor the masks to the support, and to keep them still.
- There are few points where the structure has to harbour an extrusion where a piece of textile material will be placed in order to conceal holes in the masks. The piece of textile must be fitted to the structure and kept in place. (I have an idea about how to keep it in place and I can draw a sketch for you).
- The structure must be smaller than the internal space of the mask and precisely around four/five mm distanced from the internal surface. There will be shock absorbers between the structure and the internal surface of the mask, so you have also to design slots to insert the absorbers. (I can provide a graphical representation).
- The structure needs also a joint anchor to the support. (I can provide a graphical representation)
The total number of structures to be designed are four, each one different from the others.
Thank you in advance for you attention.
28 freelancere byder i gennemsnit €495 på dette job
My key skills are: 3d modeler : ZBrush: Rhino: RhinoCam: Blender:Marvelous Designer KeyShot:: ArtCAM: Models for 3D printers and CNC Character sculpting :Texturing : Hard surface techniques : 3dsculptin