I have been toying with some 3D designs for my own hobby-project and I came to a point where I have made an rough outline and I am about to enter prototyping and manufacturing. Before I start paying for dies and molds, I would like to ask some questions on the design details, ease of manufacturability and overall key potential problems. The design shares certain design principles of a modern tent, It
my questions are about:
- how to design a proper screw assembly (size of holes, what kind of screws should be used (if any)
- how to design plastic in a way that allows snap-on attachment and structural soundness
- how to best design telescopic parts
- how to best facilitate self-assembly by a user
- how to optimize weight or sizes
- how to minimize the number of plastic injected parts
any other suggestions and tips will be welcome. I know I don't understand this field well...
I believe the whole consultation should take max 2 hours (15 minutes preview of the design file, 1-1.5 hour discussion, potential extra 15 minutes for sharing some links or part IDs)
If the feedback is well done and there will be a good space for improvement, I will consider paying extra to even redo the design. I am currently working with Fusion360 but I believe it should be not a problem.
17 freelancers are bidding on average $32 for this job
See my portfolio for my recent projects. I'm sure I can help you with your design, since I'm very familiar with things you are asking in project description.
Hello, Thanks for posting your project here at Freelancer, it will be my pleasure to instruct you about manufacturing design of toys. I'm a professional industrial designer ([url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]) with 13 years of experien Mere