We would like to invite you to take part in our Australian English Telephony Recording project using your own mobile phone! You will be part of something big since the recordings will be used to enhance speech recognition technologies (such as Siri, Alexa and others) in Australian English language. We would love to have you on board!
This is a very short and fun task, that involves making only 1 to 4 phone calls (15 min long each) to a friend or a family member at the comfort of your home! The calls are recorded and will be made using your mobile phone, via our web interface.
You will receive an incentive of USD $12.5 (≅ AUD$ 17.42) per 15 min call so if you do 4 calls you get USD $50 (≅ AUD$ 68) after quality checks. You may wish to share a part of this incentive with the people you call, but that is up to you!
To participate, you and the person you call must:
• be over 18 years old
• be native speakers of Australian English (both the caller and receiver should have an Australian English accent)
• live in Australia
• consent to be recorded for this project
• not have already participated in this project for more than 4 calls.
You will need:
• an internet connection to access the web interface to initiate each call
• the details (age, gender, phone number and dialect region) of the person you are calling
• you and the person you call will need your own mobile phones.
• calls cannot be made using landline telephones, bluetooth or other headphones, or hands-free devices.
If you qualify and would like to participate, please visit Appen Global by following the link below and registering an account. Please ensure you complete all steps of the registration process.
We will contact you shortly after that.
[login to view URL]
Please note this project is URGENT and we need this task to be completed by Tuesday, October 9th.
Please hurry! Spots are limited!
Detailed instructions will be provided shortly after you have enrolled.
We look forward to receiving your application!
The Appen Team