Technical Writer for E-Learning Projects
We seek an Australian based, experienced technical writer with English as their first language to develop content and voice over scripts for several online learning induction training products. The successful candidate will preferably have experience in occupational health and safety writing, from a large construction company / corporate background perspective.
The scope of the projects will typically involve from one to three hours of online learning content, as experienced by the user/trainee. This will entail many hours of careful and skilled technical writing, estimated to be between one to three weeks or more full time work per project.
The writer need not be able to work full time but will need to be able to deliver content in a consistent and time efficient manner, and work effectively to deadlines without compromising quality
In most cases source material will be provided either from the project client, or from other material, which will need to be aggregated, synthesised, reformatted and enhanced to meet the specific needs of each project, in a format which represents totally unique, original and high quality content from a learning perspective
The writer will preferably be familiar with the theory and practical implementation of contemporary adult learning principles particularly as they apply to an online learning environment.
Qualities we seek include:
• Demonstrably outstanding writing skills preferably honed over many years of journalism, or training, or content writing experience.
• An ability to write in an engaging, non academic manner, and distil important concepts down to easy-to-understand high-school level language
• Strong conceptualisation skills and ability to absorb and understand new material rapidly, so as to be able to create new and engaging learning content, from multiple existing sources of material
• High attention to detail and a strong grasp of high level English grammar and punctuation usage
• Strong track record of meeting tight milestone deadlines and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Fast typing skills at least 60 wpm
• OH&S, workplace safety, HSE
• Policy writing
• Teaching / training
• Technical manual writing
• Regulatory standards writing…. Etc.
… would all be considered
Please outline your experience and provide samples of written material that you have been solely responsible for creating.
The successful candidate will start within two weeks, and will have quite an urgent timeframe attached to the first project.
If the successful candidate produces high quality, timely outcomes, an ongoing relationship with interesting varied work will result.
The hiring company is a fast growing Brisbane based award winning E-learning and online strategy company working across a diverse range of industries and multiple international and local projects. Recognised as being a fun and contemporary work environment, we seek quality personnel and contractors who are excited by the prospect of running with us to deliver leading edge quality services and products to our Blue Chip client base.
We look forward to hearing from you.