Review the author sent materials for clarity and clearly indicate how our authors can tailor the work to improve their overall instructional value. You can do this by inserting comments directly into the provided documents.
While performing the review we ask that you:
- Review all the materials to ensure that they are clearly explained and presented. If they require changes, please work within the document and recommend a solution.
- Share your observations of how well structured and easy to follow the material is in its current form. Please recommend improvements if you see the opportunity.
- Check that the student and instructor prompts are accurate and meaningful, and proactively suggest additional prompts and revisions where appropriate.
- Coach authors on techniques for how to teach difficult or important concepts in their manuscript.
- Identify opportunities for authors to improve organization, presentation, clarity, and value to the courseware intended audience.
- Continually assess manuscript content at a high level.
- Manage the book-development process so that authors are completing manuscripts by due dates.
- Ensure that manuscripts adhere to Packt's writing guidelines.
- Provide project status and content assessment to Packt’s point of contact.
Must have requirements
- An expert Instructional Designer
- General understanding of technical concepts, software development, and current industry trends
- Must be available for a minimum of 20 hours per week (primarily during UK. business hours).
- Strong project- and time-management skills
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Adobe Acrobat, and other tools required in an online environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating [Removed by [url removed, login to view] Admin for offsiting - please see Section 13 of our Terms and Conditions].
- Must have remote office setup (computer, Internet and email access, reliable phone line)