We are looking for expert Linux System Admin to fix our dedicated server.
This is a centOS server with apache/mysql.
The task is to analyze the various logs and our monitoring logs and find out what is causing server overloading/crash/mysql crash and suggests solution and implement the solution once we finalize it.
We will provide all logs but not access to the server.
Server has about 100 domains hosted on it with 90% of them wordpress. Wordpress blogs are well optimized however they still cause problems.
We also have some monitoring logs which will help you to find out problems.
The project will considered to be completed only when you have identified the problem and fixed. We will montor server for 1 month after fix to make sure that fix has worked.
Bid only if you have following skills
1) Solid Linux server admin experience. Any experience with centOS will be preferred
2) Familiarity with mySQL slow query
3) Familiarity with Wordpress w.r.t hosting problems
4) Writing shell/perl scripts
Only providers from UK/Europe/East Europe/Russia need to bid.
Work to be done
1) Check Apache logs (error, access etc) mysql logs, mysql slow logs. Analyze the logs when the server crashed. We know when it crashed. Find out what caused the server to crash.
2) Analyze the monitoring log for overloading. This log is dumped from our own scripts. Find out what caused the problem.
3) Find out which mysql queries are slowing down
4) You will have to find out which wordpress blogs are causing problem if any and what exactly is causing the problem. mySQL quries, mysql db size or php code.
Pinpoint exact query/file name/db table etc.
5) Implement a feature to restart apache/mysql if server overloads.
6) Check for Drupal, phpbb, vBulletin based scripts for any problem they might be creating to overload/crash the server.
7) Check Apache access log to find out if any DOS or any such hacking attempts are going on and implement solution.
8) Check access/error log files to find out missing files which are causing problems (file not found problems)
9) .htaccess redirect errors - check for all domains and fix if any problem found.
10) Any other points which we might have missed from above.
For all of above we will provide logs or command output if you need.
You will have to specify the log file locations and command to run.
We will not provide access to server until n unless we have developed mutual trust.
In PMB let me know if you can do all of above?