Linux Admin Help Wanted
We need about 10 new linux servers for in-house Java apps (not web-servers). Looking for a highly experienced and qualified administrator. Combination of hands-on configuration/installation work plus advisory work.
This first project is to help us see that you are the right professional for the job. Other projects will follow. In this first project, you will help us with 2 servers. One must be ordered, the other is already rack-mounted. For both servers, you must:
• Help us choose the right packaging of Linux for our needs (must be 64-bit; redhat, ubuntu…?).
• Install/configure firewall security, sudoers file, apache+tomcat, Mantis, samba, 2 mysql instances
• Help us pick a centralized user management solution (so we don’t have to manage userIDs at each server individually).
• For the new server: Help us choose the most hassle free hardware that meets our needs.
• Ideally, you are or have been a contributor to one of the big linux packaging projects (debian, fedora, ubuntu…). Offering strong proof of this is a big plus (your contributor’s ID, etc).
This first project is kept purposely low. We’ve already engaged a firm that didn’t show us progress or efficiency. The ideal candidate will show great progress and knowledge and we can discuss higher $$ rates for our other servers. You may bid higher that the posted total, however, your credentials must back that up.