Applied Business Statistics II
BUS 255- (online)
starts from tomorrow and ends on july 27th
1. There will be a total of four exams. The first three will be taken online and the fourth (the final exam) will be given on campus. Together the exams will account for 80% of your grade. Your lowest score of the four will be weighted less heavily (15%) and your highest scores will be weighted more heavily (25%). The middle two exams will each account for 20% of the grade.
2. You are to do all your exams by yourself without assistance from any other person.
3. Once you begin an online exam there will be a limited amount of time to complete it.
4. For the final exam that is given on campus you need to bring a calculator (no cell phones permitted) and you may bring one page of notes to assist you. This should be on a standard size sheet of paper (8 ½ x 11) using both sides.
Connect Plus (for homework and ebook access)
To register to use Connect Plus:
1. Go to: [url removed, login to view]
2. Click “REGISTER Now”
3. Enter you email address
4. Choose one of the these options:
• If you previously bought Connect Plus for BUS 245, enter the email address you used previously, it will then ask you for your previously created Connect password. Say Yes to registering and follow the on screen instructions.
• If you bought at the bookstore enter your “Registration Code”
• To buy directly online (for $120), click “BUY Online”
DO NOT buy the $50 version which does NOT include the ebook unless you have a hard copy of the text.
The most effective means of learning the material and doing well on the exams is to spend time working the homework problems, and working additional problems from the textbook.
Homework in Connect
There are three types of assignments in Connect. All of them have a specified due date and time, but you have unlimited time to work on each one, and they can be submitted more than once, with your best score being used towards your homework grade. DO NOT wait until the last minute to begin assignments because this may not give you enough time and you will not have the opportunity to get questions answered. The three types of assignments are:
1. Learn Smart Modules – There is one of these per chapter. You are given each question and before answering, you enter how certain you are that you know the right answer, then you answer the question. If you get it wrong, it shows you the correct answer (to help you learn it) and then later comes back to the same (or a similar) question. It keeps doing this until you have answered all the questions correctly. So if you keep working on it until it’s complete, you will have 100% for Learn Smart assignments.
2. Homework Assignments – There are several of these per chapter (about 20 total for the semester). The chapter and section(s) of the text book that the assignment comes from are given in the assignment name. Helpful tools in Connect include:
• There is a “check my work” feature that will tell you whether your answers are correct or not. If they are not correct you can try again.
• Many of them have a “View hint” feature that leads to a “Guided Example” video that works through a similar problem.
• There is an “ask my instructor a question” feature that allows you to type in a question. This feature allows me to see the question and what answers you have entered.
• There is an “ebook and resources” feature that will take you to the specific part of the text book when the given topic is covered.
Late work will not be accepted. There will be about 28 assignments on Connect during the semester. Your homework grade will be the average of your best 14. (or whatever is half of the total number of assignments on Sakai not counting the test)
Also read the document called “Using Connect Plus” that is posted on Sakai. Click on “Resources” to reach the posted files.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $481 for this job
I am the top ranking freelancer of statistics and mathematics and excellent in both the subjects. I have done a lot of similar jobs before. Please, check reviews of my past projects.
Hi I an MBA (Finance) and CPA. I am also pursuing my PhD in Finance and so very proficient in statistics. I will not only help you complete the tests/assignments but also guide you on the subject.