Project for Internet Programming
– Bill Pay System
This project let you apply the programming skills you learned in Internet Programming
class by developing an application called Online Bill Payment. You will build a website
which serves as an online service website, where one can register as a customer. Once
registered, a customer can log in and log out the website. Customers can update its
profile/personal information, add/update payee information, pay one or more payees,
and review payment history.
1. You need to design a simple database with SQL LocalDb. Three tables are required
in the DB:
Customer --information of the registered customer
Payee -- each customer can have a saved list of payees with all information
necessary to send the payment
PaymentHistory – stores the payment history of all customers
You can also add additional tables that you think are needed.
2. The website is free. Anyone can register as a customer. Upon registration, the
customer information is collected and saved in the database; an id is assigned the
3. Registered customers can log in and log out the website. The only pages an
unregistered person can access is the home page and registration page.
4. A customer can update his/her personal information on the website.
5. On payee management page, a customer can add new payee or update existing
payee. One customer can have multiple payees.
6. On payment page, a customer can pick one or multiple payees to pay. When
payment is submitted, you only need to save the payment information in the
database. A customer can review payment history which can be filtered by a date
7. After each class, think about how to apply the skills learned from that class to the
8. Bonus – This is optional. Add an administration page, where someone with admin
role can view customer list, deactivate/activate customers. Once deactivated, the
customer can no longer login or use the website.
9. You can research on the internet. But do not copy code directly from webpages.
10. You will not only be graded by the correctness, but also by the quality of code. I
expect your code to be clear and follow good programming practice.
11. You can work alone or in a team of 5 students maximum.
1. Project Reports – You need to write a project report, where you need to:
Provide introduction of the project
Show screenshots of the pages you built
Explain how each page work, and how are the pages connected
What skills you learned from class are used in your project
If this is a teamwork, only one report is needed for the team. The report
needs to clarify each team member’s contribution to the project.
2. Presentation – At the end of the semester, you will prepare a PowerPoint as well as
bring your project code to the classroom and present it to the class. In the
presentation, you will explain and demo how each page in your website works, and
what are the techniques you implemented to provide the functionalities your project
3. Code – At the end of the semester, Zip all the code into one file and submit to
blackboard. In the same folder, add an instruction file to provide special instructions
on how to run the program as well as short descriptions of the folders/files in the
21 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $199 på dette job
Hi there, I read your initial requirements and I have some questions regarding your bill payment project. please send me a message so that we could discuss it further.