This project is for adding some extension to an existing windows form and also entails the creation of a new window form. The existing windows form imports either a TEXT or XML file and allows the user to map columns from the TEXT file to columns in one or more SQL Server Tables. The objective of this project is to add the logic for the LOAD button which will import the data into the SQL Server database tables using the column map defined by the user. Only the TEXT file is map to columns by the user. The XML file is automatically mapped by the program. List below is an overview of the functionality that will needed to be developed for this project. The attached specification document contains more details of this project.
• File Map Window – LOAD button logic will need to be created.
- Read in all rows from a text file or PIES XML file.
- Map imported data columns to either user specified column map, if text file. Otherwise, map PIES XML
attributes to predefined data base columns.
- Perform SCHEMA validation of PIES XML files.
- Perform a full validation of all data during the load process. The validation routine is already developed.
You just need to call it and display the error codes returned.
- Perform a background process to perform the data load for large files. If file is small, display a progress
bar and load in foreground. The process report will be available through the file audit window
• Create a new file audit window that will list all the file names loaded along with some file statistics such as
number of items loaded, number of item errors, status, import date and user id.
• Preview Window Updates
- Perform a pre-validation check of first 500 records by calling an already defined validation function.
Results will need to be displayed. This function is only performed if user optionally selects a preview
I will provide the following for this project:
• A copy the file map window as described below. You just need to complete the LOAD and PREVIEW
buttons and create a new window form to display files.
• A copy of the SQL Database. All the tables are already created.
• Documentation about the PIES XML file including the schema.
and Test Files.
1. Must be developed in C# Visual Studio 2005 or 2008. Windows Form.
2. SQL Server 2000 - 2005.
3. Code must be unit tested and delivered when final payment is made. This includes SQL Server table changes and
4. Most important. Please design and write code for maximum performance. Some of the files imported can be very
5. I will pay bonus for early completion and also for any suggestions to make this better such as process
improvements to process files quickly, changes to the design to make it easier to use and SQL Server
• Advanced knowledge of C#, XML and SQL Server.
• Windows form experience
Please see attached detail specification for more details about this project.
13 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $486 for dette job
I can work in your Window form extension program. I have 13 Years of experience in Software development Windows and Web. Expert in Sql Server and .NET. Microsoft Certified as MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT.