This project is to update existing 3D product designs for the top and bottom of a product mold for a case and provide IGS, STEP, and possibly other files as output. The winner of this project must be experienced in CAD 3D designing, snap together designs, injection molding, mold making, updating existing 3D designs, and sign an NDA. The designs you will update are for an existing durable snap together case that is currently constructed of ABS material and has a typical thickness of 3mm. The required updates are as follows (2D drawings will be provided to you help make #2-8 this more clear):
1) Change the product designs for both the top of the case and both designs for the bottom of the case so that the bottom of the case can snap onto the top of the case in a secure way that cannot be reopened by the typical customer. However, the manufacturer or a person skilled in the art, should be able to reopen the snapped together unit with a tool or some other technique without damage to either part. Note, the current design requires six sonic welds to adhere the bottom of the case to top of case during product assembly. We would like to eliminate the sonic welding step in the assembly process. The CAD files for the existing top and Botton of this proprietary design will be provided.
2) Update the Botton of the case design so that instead of a single snap on bottom, there are two versions of the snap on bottom to support a slight variation of the model. Therefore, two similar 3D designs for the bottom of the case are required). We will provide basic 2D drawings of what is required.
3) Update both of the new 3D designs for the bottom of the case to include upward vertical extrusions (3mm vertical projections).
4) Update the 3D design for the top of the case to include downward vertical extrusions (3mm vertical projections).
5) Update the center pattern on the flat top surface of the case.
6) Update the 3D design for the top of the case to include two 5/16" holes (one on each side of the lower end of the top) and the necessary support for two 5/16" bolts that will be added to the sides of the unit during assembly. Today, the holes are manually drilled during the assembly process. Each bolt will penetrate a side of the top of the case and will penetrate the case by 42mm.
7) Update the 3D design for the top of the case to include a new horizontal extrusion on the lower portion.
8) Update the 3D design for the top of the case to include six 5mm female receptacles for the later addition of another layer on the surface.